Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Technology Making Life Easier?

Its funny that people say technology makes our lives easier. I believe this to a certain extent. But for the most part it only makes us more frustrated, stressed and adds grey ara to that line between work life and personal life. There are many times that I feel I couldn't live without the internet, a digital camera, and now a blackberry.

My cellphone contract ended yesterday on Christmas Eve. So I figured I should go ahead and get a present for myself. It has been a longstanding tradition for me to do this. It used to get me in trouble a lot with one of my exgirlfriends. I settled on the BlackBerry Pearl.

This new toy is not going to be just be a toy. This is a new leash that I will have not only to those who know me and are demanding of my time but also to my desk and work. That is exactly what worried me when I swiped my card for the phone. Is this phone going to make my life easier or more difficult?

I am hoping that this new piece of technology isn't going to further blur the line between work and personal life. But it will most likely take some time to re-enforce that balance. But now I have absolutely no excuse for not blogging more then I have been.

To those of you who celebrate it, Merry Christmas. To the rest, have a great holiday season.

2 comments:

CO said...

Merry Christmas! I'm getting a new phone on January 4th...I'm thinking about getting the Voyager. Maybe you'll actually return phone calls with your new phone :-)

Garden Fresh Market said...

Luckily, we aren't "allowed" to check e-mails from mobile devices. So you don't have to be connected to your desk.