Monday, January 14, 2008

For Some People Its Whiskey

Many of the posts on this blog feature my triumphs over people such as assholes at the ball game or NYE party or failures of others such as the direction movies have taken as of late. But for this post, I will tell the story of one of my own failures. This failure came to me in the form of soupy red jello shots that were mostly 100 proof Vodka.

It started as many weekend nights start. Friends came over to our place to pre-drink. We busted out the tables and started a friendly competition of beer pong that wasn't so friendly. I should have really seen this coming. A bunch of people competing and drinking heavily, its a real shocker that tings turned out the way that they did.

My pong partner and I won a couple games and lost a couple games to start the night. But as you know if you have ever played beer pong, the longer the tournament, the more cases of beer. There ended up only being four of us playing beer pong. Two on two, and it was fairly even matched. After about an hour we had two cases of beer cans residing in the kitchen sink. We started off each new game with a jello shot as well. They were made and brought over by a lady friend of ours who did not let us know it was hundred proof until the next morning. Drunker and drunker the situation became. I should also mention that my beer pong teammate was a friend of my roommates that was out visiting for the weekend. When the two of them get together they became very competitive and huge smart asses.

As more and more beer was drank, the games became more heated and comments were being thrown around that consisted of everything from mothers to female anatomy. Occasional trips outside for a cigarette seemed to be used pretty efficiently to slam your opponent and warn about the next game. Hours went by and finally we were out of beer. But, luckily for us, we had jello shots. A female friend of ours somehow convinced me in my drunken haze that everyone was taking shots and that I needed to catch up. Within four minutes i had put down an additional five jello shots that could most likely be considered three shots of 100 proof.

Stumbling outside for another smoke, my roommate and his buddy started talking shit about me in some capacity. I don't really remember what they were saying but apparently it set me off. Next thing I know, I am being restrained by the two of them on the hood of my roommate's car. The roommate was on my right arm and his buddy on my left. I was screaming and the top of my lungs and doing everything that I could to break free. As the roommate tells it, I was sprawled out on the car screaming and cursing like a sailor. My veins were popping out of my arms and my neck as I fought with every ounce of energy I had. But the thing that was truly keeping this going was the fact that my asshole roommate was petting my face telling me to shush and calm down in a very condescending manner, which he fully admits.

This situation ended with me talking them into letting me go. I immediately started walking down the street so I could calm down. My heart was pumping out of my chest and my lungs screamed for cigarette smoke. I didn't really talk much more for the night. I went back in after a little while and ended up going to bed shortly there after.

For some people, whiskey makes them angry. For me, large amounts of 100 proof Vodka make me angry, apparently.

For those of you that may take this as my developing a "problem", please keep your comments to yourself. I drank on New Years Eve, please see preceding post, I had complete control of myself. After New Years Eve I decided to take a little time away from the bottle. I hadn't had a sip of booze up until this last Friday and I still didn't drink enough to even get a remote buzz. I am laying off the booze for a while and taken it easy.

3 comments:

Garden Fresh Market said...

I'm literally laughing over here. You can probably hear me from across the room. I can only imagine your roommate petting you to try and calm you down. That only works for like 5 year old kids who are having temper tantrums. For grown men, thats just egging them on!!! At least in my experience.

Anonymous said...

Um...this sounds suspiciously like the night of your going away party when you walked out of the bar and almost got in a fight. What is it with you and your friends stepping outside in fun and then a fight ensues lol? Obviously, reasoning with you worked much better than your roommate petting and stroking your face lol ;-)

Anonymous said...

LMAO I never thought I would hear of you being "That Guy" when you were drunk! But now I have this on you and the Christmas party you went to where you ended up puking all over the place all night!!! Blahahahahahahahahahahaha

My little boy is growing up!!

Love ya,
Meesha