Monday, July 30, 2007

Chicago White Sox Fans Continued

Due to the overwhelming response from my post on the Tigers games that I went to here in Chicago, I decided to give out some honorary mentions to some more Sox fans. They are not as insightful as those that were honored with the Olympic metals, but they are worth mentioning none the less.

HM #1 - To the gentleman who tried the start the "Detroit Sucks" chant in the Men's restroom. Thank you for you attempt. I think there were many reasons for your failure. Maybe you are the long lost cousin of "douche", who I found out works at the stadium selling 50/50 raffle tickets. If you see him, tell him I say hello and go fuck yourself.

HM #2 - To the seven fans that had oral diarrhea as I walked back from the bathroom to my seat. I understand that you were pissed because you were losing and until very recently were last in that standings. Congrats, you are ahead of the Royals. But comments like "Go home Detroit", "Steriods", "You Suck", and "Where's Your WS Banner?" don't really mean much to me. You see, we may have lost to the Cardinals, but we are still contending which is more then I can say for your team.

HM #3 - To the teenagers that would do anything for better seats. I can understand where you are coming from. But unfortunately that was Section 538 Row 30. I fully appreciate the attempt to try and take those $25 tickets and sit in the only row that was in front of me. That was very kind of you. I just don't know how you were planning on fitting 5 people into 3 seats. I think you should take that one back to the drawing board.

HM#4 - To the assholes on the red line and the red line platforms. I think the last thing you should do is walk into a car filled with half Tigers fans, a lot of Sox fans and some Cubs fans mixed in and start talking shit for 30 minutes. We played the entire Toledo Mudhens line-up against you.

HM#5 - This is going to be a positive mention. To the saxophone player outside the park. Thank you for playing Sanford and Son. I was actually quite impressed that you held it from when I walked out onto the concourse to when I passed you going to my train. That dollar I gave you was well spent.

HM#6 - Another positive mention. To all my fellow Detroit Tiger fans. It was good to see that once we flee MI we can come back together. Through responses and conversations with complete strangers, I realizied just how much sports can bring people together. So thank you.

If I had to give White Sox fans a grade that included class, wit, timing, talent, humor, respect, and knowledge, I would give you a C-.

I will fully admit that this post is not one of my greatest. But, there is more to come. I will have my first Wrigley Field Experience on Wednesday and I am sure I can find some good topics there for you. Also, I have some friends coming into town this weekend so that should spur up some hilarity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mudhens... HAHAHAHA. Although I'm a little confused. Was Klinger on the train?? ~Aliza

Jeen Yes said...

sox fans are a reflection of the lack of class of their organization and their side of the city. perhaps their comments toward you would have made more sense and been better received in, say, 2005, when they didn't resemble a high school team.

as a lifelong cub fan, i believe the only reason for the sox' existence is to provide the ying to our yang, because every city needs a run-down ghetto slum and a second-rate fan base to serve as the contrast to its superior neighbors. god i hate the white sox.